Voting Explained • r/Lisk

a great post and a must read for anyone new to Lisk and/or voting.

If you are looking for a tool to optimize votes I would suggest the following in this order:

1. Lisk Builder’s vote manager
  2. DPOS Tools’s Lisk Tools
  3. Earn Lisk

Other great tools to track pending Lisk are:

1. Lisk Support’s lisk pending tool
    2.Elevate’s lisk pending

Hello all!

We’ve launched a new revolutionary way to vote. Here I will elaborate some more on it:

It’s my pleasure to introduce Ascend Lisk Delegates
We’re a team of talented web and software developers, system engineers, designers, and more. It is our goal to use Lisk’s block rewards to add maximum value to the Lisk ecosystem.

But… What is the Pledge System?

Historically, Lisk’s forging positions have experienced little turnover, even though many of Lisk’s delegates are largely anonymous and provide little discernible contribution to the Lisk ecosystem other than maintaining a node. One reason for this is that it costs voters to change votes. First, it costs voters 1 LSK per voting transaction. Second, and more importantly, voting for non-forging delegates often means unvoting forging delegates. This results in the voter losing shared block rewards from the unvoted delegates while the hoping that other voters will eventually vote in the new delegates. As a result, voters are placed in the unhealthy position of being penalized for voting for better delegates. The Lisk Ascend Vote Pledge System seeks to address this problem.

By pledging votes instead of changing them, voters can signal support for Lisk Ascend without losing LSK. When Lisk Ascend obtains enough pledges to reach forging positions, voters can then vote for Lisk Ascend all at once, knowing that Lisk Ascend delegates will likely enter into forging positions quickly and be able to start sharing block rewards. Through this method, voters can avoid being penalized for voting for better delegates.

The Lisk Ascend Vote Pledge System requires voters to sign a message using Lisk Nano. This process helps ensure that the pledge total is accurate. By signing a message, the voter is able to prove that the voter controls the Lisk Address that is being pledged. Without showing control of the pledged address, malicious actors could claim to pledge Lisk they do not actually control, resulting in an inaccurate pledge total.

Once enough pledges are received, Lisk Ascend will organize a vote swap week where voters will be asked to change their votes. The vote fees will be refunded automatically when Ascend will join forging position and will process the 3rd payout.

Check out for more information!

Hi, I’ve red the “Voting Explained” thread but still feel kind a noob, please tell me when I’ll vote for all 101 delegates and pay 4 lisk for that, how much more less and when I’ll get my reward ?

Thank You in advance and sorry :wink:

I´m a LiSK holder (500LSK) holding them in an exchange for quite long now (I know it is not the best way but ledger doesn´t support it and I feel a bit scared of using the LISK Wallet)
Also I don´t know if with this amount and without intention to sell I´ll be missing out on some possible gains, but apart from the above mentioned the whole voting system seems very complicated to me to understand…

It depends on your Lisk amount and the delegate policy payout.
For example, the Sherwood pool payout policy is :

• every monday morning;
  • if you balance reach 1 LSK.

Hope I answered your question !?

With about 500 LSK, you can get about 4 LSK back every months. But it’s up to you.
I strongly advice people to hold their Lisk in the Lisk Nano Wallet, not in an Exchange.
You can store it in the Nano client without voting.

The vote is not so complicated. People vote for active delegates, active delegates shares a certain amount of Lisk (in %) to their voter proportionnaly to their voting weight.
If you have 1000 LSK, you have a voting weight of 1000 !