MrV - Longtime Lisk member. Creator of Lisk Mobile App

Hello everybody!!

Introduction
Crypto History
I orginally got into the cryptoworld when LiteCoin could still only be mined with CPUs :slight_smile: However, I wasn’t very involved until I bought my first SCRYPT ASIC miner a while later. Then I got really involved with NXT about 2 months after it went live and have learned a lot. I have been active in the NXT community, even contributing to the core UI at one point, and adding several of my own nodes to help the network. I developed 2 plugins for NXT too: https://github.com/mrv777/NXT-the-forum | https://github.com/mrv777/NXT_asset_analysis

Technology Experience
I work as a Web/Email/Database Administrator and backup the Network Administrator by day for the last 6 years. Before that, I ran a website hosting and designing company with my college roommate. I have grown up with computers, from my first Apple IIe and playing games on a 286 Processor to now these VMware server clusters with multiple 8 core CPUs and over 100GB of memory each, we have at work :slight_smile: I started with DOS and programming in QBasic to now doing HTML/CSS/JS/PHP/MySQL on several linux (Ubuntu) servers with no GUI (I’ve come full circle :slight_smile: )

Server Specifications
Lisktools/Snapshot Server
Dedicated Server
CPU: Quad Core Intel Xeon E3 1245v2 3.4 Ghz X 4
Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Hard Drive: 128 GB SSD
10 Gbps DDoS Protection
1 Gbps Connection
SSL

There is no master forging server, they are all treated equally
Forging Server 1
VPS Server
4 CPU Cores
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 80 GB SSD w/Raid 10
6000 GB Bandwidth
10 Gbps DDoS Protection

Forging Server 2
VPS Server
2 CPU Cores @ 2.4 GHz
Hard Drive: 40 GB SSD w/Raid 10
100 Mbps
Unlimited traffic

Testnet Server (Delegate server and running test.lisktools.io)
VPS Server
2 CPU Cores @ 2.4 GHz
Hard Drive: 40 GB SSD w/Raid 10
Unlimited Bandwidth
Auto rebuild script if node forks or stops

Management Server
VPS Server
2 CPU Cores
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 25 GB w/Raid 1
Unlimited Bandwidth
You can find my management script here: https://github.com/mrv777/LiskScripts/ The script checks block heights of my three servers. If the current forging server is too far behind (or is not on) the highest of the three, it switches forging servers to an acceptable one. It also makes sure 1 and only 1 server is forging at all times.
I’m also using lisktools.io to get email notifications if it detects an issue and vrlc’s android app.
All servers will be actively maintained with necessary OS updates and patching performed regularly. Lisk updates should be complete on all servers within 24 hours of their release. I also have SSH access setup on my phone for the servers in case of any emergency.

Current Contributions or Planned Contributions to the Lisk Ecosystem

Current/Past Contributions
Created and maintain Lisktools.io
Dedicated delegate section on that site for transparency and information: Delegate Status
Overview of all these proposals: Delegate Proposals
More about Lisktools.io can be found here: Lisktools - Top delegates and monitoring
Contributed to fixcrypt’s lite wallet TX Confirmation
Providing MainChain snapshots every 12 hours: https://lisktools.io/snapshots
Contributed to the Lisk Wiki with redsn0w and wannabe_RoteBaron
Helped with some GitHub issues
31, 101, 105, 107
Participate and contribute questions to community and technical meetings
Provide useful scripts for delegates’ servers: https://github.com/mrv777/LiskScripts

As an active delegate

Updated information:
10% to voters - Via gdtpool
45% to donations and development fund to support contributions to the lisk system and future dapps.
45% to server, personal, and tax costs; along with long term holdings.

Also, to elaborate some on server costs. They aren’t the complete 45%, but there are 2 dedicated servers (one for snapshot & lisktools.io and the other for my main delegate node) and 3 VPS’s (one backup for mainnet, one testnet node, and one for testing). So it’s not like I just have 3 $5 VPS’s. All my servers are a few hundred a month. Then there is all the time I put in with trying to contribute to lisk, best current example is my Android and iOS Lisk wallet. I have spent lots of time on this (almost a full time job on it’s own :slight_smile: ), to get it out ASAP, be user friendly, and have many features.
Also, I’m in the US and taxes aren’t the best with crypto right now. I get taxed three times: income and self employment tax as soon as a forge a block (no matter what I do with the lisk). Then I get taxed again if I sell any lisk for USD. So even if I never sold any lisk and gave it all away, I still have to pay taxes on what I forged.

Lastly, once the blockchain apps documentation is updated and is fully working (or at least not considered alpha :)), I plan on taking a look at creating a lottery app if no one else takes it on initially.

Thank you for looking at my proposal. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact me on the forum here, on Lisk Chat, or through the email provided below.
Have a good day!

Contact Details
E-Mail: MrV.Crypto@gmail.com
GitHub: MrV777
Reddit: MrV777
BitcoinTalk.org: MrV777
Twitter: N/A
LinkedIn: N/A

Definitely deserves your vote!

One of the most deserving delegates out there!

Hey MrV, thaks for your work in Lisk! Nice proposal!